Referral Links and performance tracking and payouts

The ability to create referral links for influencers/sales reps to refer investors to specific pools and receive part of the referred performance fees. This will help scale funds and grow aum as a whole on the platform.

With this, would be the ability for Managers to view performance fees on an investor to investor basis and manage lists of referrals for affiliates. Payouts for referrals should be designated to a specific wallet address designated by the influencers/sales agents.

7 Likes

Good idea. Very much needed.

5 Likes

I like it. Is the idea that Managers can assign influencers/sales reps to bring investors into their pools?
Then Managers profit share with the sales reps their performance fees?

2 Likes

Exactly, every influencer with their own special pool /link and the Manager should be able to set what percentage of the performance fee to share with the influencer for every affiliated depositor. or share in the Management fee etc. The influencer should have a wallet to designate where they want these fees to be collected as performance fees are minted

1 Like

How do you calculate what a referred investor is worth?
As a referred investor, I could invest today and pull funds out tomorrow. Or I could stay invested or add more over time?

And does the manager pay the performance fee cut to the sales rep forever or for some fixed period of time?

1 Like

A referred investor would be worth their pool shares X pool share price, or the total value they have deposited in the pool.

This could be optional, the manager should be able to set a time period of when the performance fee will be shared, or indefinitely as long as that investor is invested.

If the investor withdrawals all of their funds and then re-deposits, the manager should have the choice of disabling or re-enabling the share of performance fees.

1 Like

@ariesvtb This post is currently on the DFP section of the forum. If you’d like it to continue as a DFP, please change it into the DFP format, as described here: DMP-2: DFP Purpose and Guidelines. Otherwise, please move this post under the category “Ecosystem.”

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been thinking about this some more.
I can imagine the Manager setting aside some funds for the referral scheme based on performance fee.

This signals to potential sales reps that there is money to be made for referring others to the pool.

Maybe anyone can be a sales rep? So anyone can create a referral link using their address (similar to the way 1inch does it)?

1 Like

Yes, correct. It’s been over a year since this thread has last been commented on. Has there been any progress on this front? This would be huge for bringing serious assets to the platform as people would be incentivized to spread the word on the platform and bring assets to the DAO

1 Like

Hi! Yes, it’s being worked on, in it’s final stages.

1 Like